You possess the ability to choose your own direction in life and where your paths may lead. You control the surrounding influences that inspire and motivate you. Your will to succeed is a powerful force and with it, you can accomplish anything.
Hard to believe we have 10 practices in already. For the first time in
my 10 years as a Head Coach at WHS I can say everyone in the
program either plays varsity or has the potential to play varsity. Everyone needs to think of the Freshman and JV teams as "Varsity Developmental Teams". We have our parents meeting, meet the squad, and 100 point game Wednesday August 28th at 6:30pm. This is our ONE and only parents meeting so we hope you can attend.
We will maximize the potential of each student athlete.
We will maximize the potential of each team.
We will develop amazing leaders.
We will develop awesome attitudes.
We will put the best TEAMMATES on the floor. Sometimes the best TEAMMATES are not the best athletes.
Plyaing time will be earned, never given and largely based on the following:
The following will be considered for
· Student athlete exhibits qualities of selflessness
· Student athlete is a great teammate
· Student athlete enters each practice and game with a genuine desire to improve
· Student athlete enhances team chemistry
· Student athlete is positive
· Student athlete MUST not suffer from “Entitlement Syndrome”
· Student athlete attends practice
· Student athlete attitude is conducive to team success
· Student athlete parent/guardian is conducive to athlete and team success
WINNETONKA VOLLEYBALL 5 CORNERSTONES
As in train in reality, based on Motor Skill research. The game teaches the game.
CONTACTS PER HOUR
You learn by doing, not by watching. We will maximize our practice by getting multiple gamme like touches.
So all the ideas and thoughts shared are based in the principals of teaching.
EFFORT AND MASTERY OVER OUTCOME
As winning is more important based on a how you won, and the result of who you played
The most important skill in volleyball (and the game BETWEEN contacts)
Please contact a member of the coaching staff if you have any questions.